Sunday 1 March 2015

March challenge: Nickelback & One Republic

Hi guys, here we are at March with two new amazing songs: each month here at Scrap it with a song we give you a pop and a rock song as inspiration to create any kind of paper project (altered canvas, card, layout, ATC, art journal…) you choose !!!  Here is a link to the challenge rules.

For this month
The Rock Song is....
Photograph - Nickelback



The pop song is ...
Counting Stars - One Republic



Let' s see how the DT used these wonderful songs



ROCK TEAM



The song inspired me to make a LO of a picture that was still in my photobox... This picture is made in 2001, while we were making a boattrip to Staffa. I've chosen for Memory as the title and in the journalling I wrote Look at this photograph, everytime it makes me laugh. We had such a good time back then! 


Speaking of photos I remembered that a friend had made silly photos with a program that distorts the faces ... perfect for this challenge !!! Hope you like it


I used a picture I found of my husband and I from our wedding 25 years ago and thought what would I say to those two people looking back on my life ...such a great challenge!!!

as soon as I saw the title song I immediately thought at this picture themed stamps set I have, so this layout come out


Melania


Wonderful lyrics! I didn't know this song!
I was inspired by the meaning of the song...for every scrappers this song is a paradise!
I used this inspiration for this beautiful shot from Niagara!
I wanna thank Xara because this song is really versatile for every scrap project!


POP TEAM

Giorgia


I used part of the text " I feel the love and I feel it burns" as title for my layout: we were in Philadelphia under the LOVE statue, I think this lyric is just perfect for my picture!


Chara


Hello !!! this song is one of my very favorites and this is why I chose it for this months challenge !!! I made a layout ispired by the word Counting as part of my title and the word stars by using a stars stencil (that in the end was not very visible) and the wooden stars !!!


Annamaria



Before going to sleep "counting the stars" in the pages of a fairytale book ..
This tag is dedicated to those who closes them eyes and dreams between the lines !!


Anne


My inspiration came from the title of the song.
Instead of using "Counting Stars" I journaled "Counting Bones"!



                                                                                Astrid


I used the title for my page of my dear cat Jerry who is sleeping on my laptop , he is no longer with us, so  this is a lovely way to remember him.



Join us in the fun this month :)
Link up your project until the end of March with the link tool on the top of the blog and you could win this prize RAK:


2 comments:

  1. I really love your animal layouts, especially the cats! These are wonderful songs - I hope to play along again! I noticed that the February linky is still at the top but is closed. I will come back to check on the March linky. Also... I am wondering who won the February challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The songs were inspirational, especially Nickelback's Photograph. I just linked up. By the way, when do you announce your winners?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)