Monday 1 September 2014

September challenge : Rock "On top of the World" and Pop "Running on Empty"

Hi everyone!
Before getting to this month’s challenge we would like to tell you that the rules of SIWAS are slightly changing, in order to leave you more time and inspiration to participate. Nothing major, don’t worry, you will still get pop and rock songs to help you find the inspiration for your projects. So, what’s new?!

 Every first of the month we will give you both the rock and the pop song with our interpretations and leave you until the 28th of the month to submit a project inspired by either one of the songs (part of the title, of the lyrics, the video, …). 
And one last change…the winner will get a little prize from us, which will be revealed on the 1st of the month with the two songs. So, are you ready to play along?

This month’s rock song is On top of the World by Imagine Dragons...



...and here is what the rock team created:

Kristin

I made this page with some of my instagram pictures and pulled some of the words from the song ...thanks for looking at my page!!!

Tynke



I used the line "Run away" because my son is running down the dike near our hometown. Because we live in the very north of our country we often say it's "On top of the world". ;)

KICKA

I used the song title as the sub-title in my page

MONIA

I was inspired by this kitten seen on in Trentino in a Malga which was caressed by everyone ... 
and it was also in arm !!!


And the pop song is Running on Empty by Jackson Browne...


...and here is what the pop team came up with:

Anna


I made a layout and cut part of the lyrics to decorate my background.

Xara

my layout is inspired by the phrase looking back at the years gone by linke so many summer fields and I just had the perfect photo of me looking at the summer sunset!!! for close ups check my blog..



Astrid


Inspired by the words; Summer Fields. Perfect for these beautiful lavender fields in France. 


Karen
inspired by running to make a LO of my boys running round Alkmaar
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10646880_10204961714231921_5126102754005198874_n.jpg?oh=f9b1c2a7230a9849b8a9b1678a27c668&oe=545FBB9F&__gda__=1415954313_944cb4a8b6fb58996b0f6728ac0284dd



Rania
Back again..after a long break, with a photograph of my  daughter on her bike!! Running into the sun...full of colours, flowers ..and smiles!!

Our guest designer
Rita 



And now our winner

Lynn




Are you still hesitating? Here is what our winner will get from me: a small packet of die cuts! 





PLEASE WRITE WHAT YOU USED AS INSPIRATION: tell us if you have been inspired by the title of the song, by the lyrics, by the theme of the song, the video....Let us know!
 Y must enter your links before Sunday, September 28th of the month!!
Remember the challenges are on the GMT of Eastern USA.
Have fun! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)