Saturday 1 August 2015

August challenges

Hi lovely followers, here we are at August: Have you been on vacation yet? All that lovely pictures of summer, waiting to be scrapped!

We have two new challenges for you: each month here at Scrap it with a Song we give you a pop and a rock song as inspiration to create any kind of paper project (altered canvas, card, layout, ATC, art journal…) you choose !!!
You can use lyrics, title, theme or maybe the video to inspire you (here is a link to the challenge rules).

It is now time to reveal
AUGUST SONGS

Klick on the song to get to the lyrics!



Pop song 



Let' s see how the first half of the Design Team used these wonderful songs - we will have another DT reveal on 15th of each month so please come back to even more inspiration!



ROCK TEAM 



What a happy song! When I searched for a nice picture, I found this one of my son and my father. They really had fun when we were gone sailing.. Maybe the weather wasn't perfect, but it really was a 'beautiful day'. That's why I've chosen that line from the song.

Giorgia




Sharon
These photos were taken on a recent trip to Maui, Hawaii.  They are on a beautiful Sunday but there is a line in the song that inspired me about a beautiful day.  Hope my page inspires you to create a beautiful layout.


POP TEAM

Brittany











Hey yall i altered a vintage cigar box for this months challenge...i got inspired by the song in a number of ways. To start off the colors, chains, cameras, and telephones were my number one inspirations. I had to incorporate love somehow and metals.



Marie - Christine


I was inspired by the tittle and specially by the word "Call". I illustrated this song with a phone call, I wanted a layout funny and colored!!!


                                                                            Astrid


My son and his best friend last year at the summer party at school, making some cool moves during the break, lol. I choose two lyrics from the song and put them together. "It's so groovy" and "Just to dance" 



Join us in the fun this month :)
We will place a post soon where you can link your blogpost or galery in the comment. This post will be on top of our blog the whole month, so it's easy to find. When you do, you can win one of our prices: one random winner will win a suprise RAK made by one of our DT members!

And wait, there is another chance here: the Design Team will choose their favorite project and the winner will be our Guest Designer for a future challenge!

Please come back on 15th for the second half of our DT reveal. We will anounce the winners of July around 8th of this month.


Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the Daniel Boone song at it reminds me of my childhood! What an upbeat and positive vibe! Thank you - I will see where the inspiration takes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I would post my project, where is inlinks?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)