Thursday 29 September 2011

New Challenge! Bryan Adams - Heaven!

Up this week is a song with SOO many possibilities!  This song hit #1 on Billboard's Top 100 in June of 1985.  The one & only Bryan Adams and "Heaven" is the challenge for this week!


This week we have a very special designer and a special friend of mine has come to play along this week!  Please give a very special welcome to my friend...
Beatriz Guzman
The aftermath of the September 11th attack caused my business in International Education to go under. One day I found myself not knowing what to do with my life and I asked the Lord to please tell me a gift, a skill, an ability which He has given me but I wasn’t aware of. He lead me to read 2 Kings 4:1-7 where a widow was in the same situation as I was. After I read it I asked Him what I had in my house and He told me "PAPER". It’s been almost 8 years since I found a new passion and a new career in my life. I have been scrapbooking and making cards ever since! I love to teach, to design and to share this beautiful hobby with those whom He brings into my life.
  
Please take a minute to visit her awesome blog Amazing Grace. Not only does she do some amazing work, she has some amazing kits for sale and her husband is the Cricut Wiz!  If anything you have to go watch his videos!!


 Karen
Karen chose to go with the opening line, thinking about our younger years!  The photo is of her when she was 2!  I love it!

Mindy 
Karen's layout inspired me so here is a picture of me & my best friend of 23 years.  Our mothers made us these dresses for Easter, we still bring up the topic of these UGLY dresses we had to wear :D  I think that's what we were laughing about in the picture too!!  It's the first thing that pops up in our head when we are talking about our younger years :D


Tiffany
Tiffany just lost a dear friend of her's, so this challenge was perfect scrap-therapy for her.  ((Hugs Tiff))

Guest DT Beatriz


 Bea is a brand new "Abuela"  Her son & daughter in law just had a baby a few weeks ago!  Congrats to all and check out this adorable double layout!  Here are some more details!


We are going to add this challenge on to October's Prize, so you have until Oct 31st to make sure you get your entry in.  The prize for Oct will be announced next week!  I'm still working out the details :D   Have fun and Happy Scrapping!!!
 


5 comments:

  1. Such terrific lyrics in this song! Welcome to Beatriz!! Lovely LO's from all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am new to your site, and I am just loving the inspiration! Thank you! Thank you!

    Suzanne Roseberry

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how we can all create something so different but all start with the same inspiration. Great LOs everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! this blog it's great!!! wonderful idea scrap and music! I like it very much :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)